A heartfelt reason
NEAVS and several other organizations founded the Leaping Bunny program because millions of animals still suffer in unnecessary experiments to test products like lipstick, lotion and detergent. These cosmetic and household product tests are not required by any law. A growing number of companies are committing to safety WITHOUT animal testing. The Leaping Bunny is the only unified cruelty-free standard awarded to companies that meet the strictest of criteria. Certified companies are listed in the Compassionate Shopping Guide and/or bear the Leaping Bunny logo—the gold standard that consumers can trust.
- Nearly 300 companies have been certified as being 100 percent free of animal testing, from ingredients—where most animal testing occurs—to final product. Some are partnering to help raise money for the Leaping Bunny program.
- Every year new companies are added to the Leaping Bunny list, including major brands such as Seventh Generation, Kiss My Face, Jason Natural Cosmetics, Nature’s Gate and Method Products.
- The European Union has banned animal testing for cosmetics, and is in the process of banning the sale of all new cosmetics tested on animals outside the E.U.
- According to a public opinion poll, two-thirds of the American public will choose a product labeled cruelty-free when given a choice. NEAVS' goal is to bring the U.S. in line with the E.U.’s cruelty-free mandate.
- Download a complimentary pocket-sized Leaping Bunny shopping guide. You can also download a free App on your iPhone or Android. The guide will help you identify companies currently with the Leaping Bunny logo and make your cruelty-free shopping fast and easy!
- Become a fan of the Leaping Bunny on Facebook.
- Make a special donation to support NEAVS’ work to mandate non-animal alternatives.
Source courtesy of NEAVS
Photo courtesy of the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC)