MFA's hidden camera reveals:
- Workers bludgeoning calves in their skulls with pickaxes and hammers–a killing method condemned by the American Veterinary Medical Association;
- Beaten calves, still alive and conscious, thrown onto dead piles;
- Workers kicking downed calves in the head, and standing on their necks and ribs;
- Calves confined to squalid hutches, thick with manure and urine buildup, and barely large enough for the calves to turn around or fully extend their legs;
- Gruesome injuries and afflictions, including open sores, swollen joints and severed hooves;
- Ill, injured and dying calves denied medical care, and
- The budding horns of calves burned out of their skulls without painkillers.
As MFA continues to expose the unconscionable cruelties of animal agriculture, and to diligently pursue justice by aiding prosecutions of animal abusers, consumers still hold the greatest power of all to end the needless suffering and death of calves–and all farmed animals–by adopting a compassionate, vegan diet.
Source and video courtesy of Mercy For Animals (MFA)